Monday, April 28, 2014

April 27, 2014

Transfer 6:  Week 5

As far as food goes, I have to cook everything.  Apparently my companions can't cook worth a darn, so I do it.  But I kind of like it so it's good.  It also keeps me from having to do the dishes very often, so I am happy about that.  We eat a lot of stir-fry, yakisoba, udon, fried rice, stew, curry and spaghetti.  It's really not all that hard, just takes some time.  We make rice for almost every meal, but we eat spaghetti a fair amount, so not only rice.  I like to make curry or stew with rice the best because I don't have to cook dinner, just make enough for both meals.  Very convenient.  But I have also made chicken or pork tonkatsu (like fried but a little different; really good).  We eat sushi sometimes, but only when we go out with members.  We try not to eat out all that much.  


The main event this week was the arrival of the bike (Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halleeluujaaaaaah!!!)  So we got to visit lots of people who we haven't been able to lately (because they're farther).  

So the investigators son who brought us food last time (shu) was there again when we went on Friday, but she was asleep.  But that didn't stop him; he ran in and told her the gaijin came (foreigners).  She must've been completely out 'cause she didn't budge at all.  Then he decided to play baseball with us while we waited for her.  We played for 20ish minutes and then decided we had to leave.  It was way fun.  Shu is hilarious.  

Also contacted a lady who is 40 or 50ish but loves video games.  We decided to teach through video games (something that Knighton choro and I could do) and ended up teaching about Christ and His atonement.  We actually had a pretty good lesson and I think she understood it really well.  

On Sunday we went to the Relief Society to see if we could arrange a home for a lesson later in the week.  They like to pray for our investigators so we told them about video game lady and they all started laughing when we said we taught through video games.  

I don't remember getting any letters recently, but I will check again.  Sorry to hear the mail system still sucks.  In Japan it is lightning fast.  You send something and two or three days later it arrives on the other side of Japan.  

The black fence does bring back memories. (we painted a wrought iron fence during a community service project, Iain has painted ours at home in the past) I was actually thinking about that the other day.  We saw an old man painting his fence black and I thought about it.  Then I smelled the fumes and everything changed colors.  It was nasty how bad and strong that paint was.  

We don't get a lot of opportunities to serve.  Japanese don't really like accepting service and the city doesn't really organize anything for us to be apart of/help out with.  But we are working on a lot of eikaiwa dendou and trying to get lots of people out to our english class.  Pres. Gustafson wants us to grow to 50 people which is huge.  Right now we are at 22 but still have a long way to go.  But we have grown just since I've been in Iizuka, so there is hope.  We're going to visit city hall and a newspaper service today to see if we can't spread the word a little more.  Maybe go to some schools and talk to the clubs and english classes.  

I don't have anything I need particularly but I'll let you know.  Thanks so much.  I love you.  Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment