Monday, April 7, 2014

March 31, 2014

Transfer 6 Week 1

Well, this week was interesting.  We didn't really get to meet with many of our investigators.  But on Thursday we did get to meet our new bean chan.  His name is Knighton Choro.  He is way cool, from Gilbert AZ and speaks pretty good Japanese for a bean (he knows more words than I did).  We have done some good work in the past couple of days but it has been limited by our lack of bikes (Knighton choro still doesn't have a bike).  So we have been walking everywhere.  But yesterday we met some awesome people who invited us to come back, so we are hoping to gain some new investigators this week.  My main concern is whether we will be able to meet with our investigators at all.  But we will work that out.  Otherwise life has been pretty normal.  I am not sure what I am supposed to do as a district leader, but I am sure I will figure it out. 
 
By the way, it turns out my district is a lot bigger than I thought it was.  I was told originally that I would only be leader of three people, but now I am over 11.  Little bit of a difference.  I just hope I will be able to help them achieve their goals this transfer and be able to see miracles.  I really think we can see a baptism this transfer, so we are praying really hard to find someone.  But either way, I know the Lord is directing His work.  We will accomplish whatever he wants us to. 
 
By the way, Jameson choro recently got a book from his mom that he read and then loaned to me so I could read it.  It is called, "The Power of Everyday Missionaries" by Clayton M. Christensen.  It is about member missionary work but it is amazing.  It has completely changed to way I am going about missionary work.  It is a great book I and want you guys to get it and read it for FHE or something.  I know you would enjoy it.  The great thing is he acknowledges the difficulties of missionary work but still helps you see how it is obtainable.  At the very least, it will help you veiw the gospel differently.  I really think everyone should read this book. 
 
I hope you guys are having a fun time in Utah and say hi to everyone there for me. 
 
Love you,
Elder Lee
RHM
BROhanz

No comments:

Post a Comment