Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 24, 2014

Last week we worked really hard but it was a lot of fun.  We have been meeting a lot of people on the street and in houses.  Unfortunately we were not able to meet with our investigators last week and didn't actually have a lot of dendou time.  But when we did we worked hard.  I have recently come to a new phase of wanting to work really hard and get stuff done.  We are going to just steam roll through people until we find those who are prepared to become investigators.  It means talking to a lot of people, but it has really just become fun.  When I started my mission it wasn't fun at all, for lots of reasons (not the least of which was the language), but I have come to really love teaching and find lots of opportunities just to teach simple messages.  We are opening their hearts!

Gustafson Kaicho (Iain's mission president) visited us last Friday when we planned for the week.  It was a great learning experience and I am excited to apply some of the things we learned.  I want to start meeting with more members and "borrowing faith" as Kaicho said.  We ask them to pray for us to find people in the area and then we house and when we are done we tell them some people we found to pray for.  I am excited to try it out. 
Apparently there is a lot of stuff that Kaicho has had past missionaries do that he wants us to do too, but we are young missionaries and don't know what it is, so next month he is having a conference to train us on how to do things.  I think it will be fun. 

I think the EFY will be great for Wyatt.  I loved it and it helped me understand the gospel more.  Plus they are focusing EFY on preparing youth for missions which I think is great.  I don't think I understood the gospel like I should have before my mission.  I guess that's true for most people thought.  Teaching as a missionary is all about mastering the basics but as a youth we move past the basics fast and so you come out and you have to figure how to teach on your own.  Teaching is way fun once you get the hang of it though.  Hopefully Wyat can learn that kind of stuff, 'cause it is way helpful. 

Just make sure you feed the missionaries a lot when you have them over.  And if it is unique and tasty, that is good too. Missioaries usually like to serve the members too.  If they seem like good missionaries, don't hesitate to make an appointment. 

Love you, hope you guys are well.  Thanks for all of your emails, I love reading about your lives (Wyatt could write a little more I think). 

Iain

No comments:

Post a Comment